INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
In the course of your use of the Services, we obtain the following information about you as described below. We collect this data for the purposes described under “How We Use Your Information”.
INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE TO US
We collect the following information from you when you provide it to us:
- Information collected during your use of our websites;
- Information you provide prior to any registration process, such as your email when you provide it to us;
- Information that you provide during any registration process, including in connection with a co-branded offer (such as your name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address or credit card information, geographic location and industry);
- Information you provide, when you call or email us (for support or otherwise) or when you use our products or services; and
Payment information, including credit card data that you provide to us (by way of our Services or otherwise) when you purchase some of our products and services.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOUR USAGE AND DEVICES
We collect data relating to your online activity on our websites, including the following:
- IP address;
- Browser type and version;
- Type of device you use, operating system version, and device identifier;
- Geographic location;
- Pages you view;
- How you got to our Services and any links you click on to leave our Services;
- When you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services;
- Metadata about your use of our Services and emails we send to you (including clicks and opens);
- Metadata about how your customers, contacts, and users interact with the Services we provide you;
- Your interactions with any videos we offer;
- Issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance; and
- Any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services.
- We store the data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases, and analytics systems.
INFORMATION WE ACQUIRE FROM SOCIAL MEDIA
- We collect information from third party social networking sites, including information that they provide to us if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into some of our Services (such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form).
- The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site and depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. You can control and find out more about these privacy settings at the applicable social networking site.
INFORMATION WE ACQUIRE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We also collect the following information from other sources:
- Information you provide to our partners;
- Information you provide to us in surveys;
- Publicly available information; and
- Information you consent to us receiving from third parties.
- We also collect information that you may provide during your telephone conversations with us, which we may monitor or record.
We may combine any information we collect about you with other information we have about you to help us update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To provide the requested Services to you;
- To provide you with useful content;
- To ensure the proper functioning of our Services
- To offer and improve our Services;
- To provide you with requested information or technical support
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our Services;
- To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law);
- To advertise and market third party products and services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law)
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services;
- In connection with our security and compliance programs;
- To administer our websites;
- To communicate with you;
- To target current or prospective customers with our products or services through online advertisements served on third-party sites by third-party vendors such as Google (subject to your consent where required by applicable law);
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Services to you; and
- As otherwise described in this privacy notice.
- We also use the information we receive to produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products or services.
Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for the Services.
We also use recorded telephone conversations for quality control purposes, to train our employees and for our own protection.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
As further described below, we will only share certain personal information with:
- Other companies run by Anadar Professional Services LLC
- Our partners;
- Third-party service providers and vendors;
- In connection with a sale, merger, acquisition or corporate reorganization;
- Authorized users within your organization; and
- For legal reasons.
SHARING WITH PARTNERS
When we share your personal information with certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, that information includes your name, email address and other information enabling partners to:
- Assist you in using our Services, and
- Provide you with their products or services.
If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent. Please note that if you access our services through a tool that hides your location, such as through a virtual private network, you may not receive our request for permission because we were not able to identify you as being located in a jurisdiction where your permission is required.
Further, our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for any purpose beyond those set forth above without your consent. We will not provide our partners with your credit card information. Further information about certain partners we share personal information with is available here.
In the event we collect information from you in connection with an offer that is jointly presented by us and a partner, we will let you know who is collecting the information and whose privacy notice applies, as well as any options you may have regarding the use of your information.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND VENDORS
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties to assist us in servicing you (for example, providing you with customer service, fraud detection and deterrence or access to advertising assets and providing us with information technology and storage services) or to assist us in our marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
If you purchase a product or service from a third party through one of our brands, we will pass your personal information to such third party for them to fulfill your order.
We offer features that allow you to better target who you contact through our products and services. These features allow you to optimize your campaigns, segment your lists, and better customize your offerings to your customers. In order to do this, we partner with third parties who can provide you with information about your contacts. If both you and your contacts are located outside of the European Union, this may include demographic information and geographic location. We require that these third parties are contractually or legally permitted to share this information with you.
In order to provide you with these features, we may send third parties certain pseudonymized personal data about your contacts. These third parties are prohibited from using this personal data for any purpose beyond that for which it was shared.
We also share non-personal information with certain third parties, including the media, industry observers, marketing and advertising partners, vendors, customers, potential customers or partners. For example, we disclose mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your information will be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such transfer and any choices you may have regarding your information.
All users authorized by you to have access to your account can view personal information stored in the account. A primary account holder can view personal information saved in subaccounts to which they have authorized access. We share information about authorized users only for legitimate purposes consistent with this privacy notice, including servicing your account and marketing products and services to you.
If legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, we may disclose your personal information to courts of law, public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, to bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be:
- Violating our terms and conditions of use;
- Causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users, or third parties; or
- Violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
- This disclosure can include transferring your information to the U.S. and other countries outside the European Economic Area. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
The transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
You always have the opportunity to opt-out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by following a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information). You agree to receive these transactional and service communications as a condition of the Services that we provide to you. You must cancel your accounts for all Services, if you do not wish to receive any transactional or service communications from us. To cancel your account, please follow the instructions found in the terms of service for the applicable Service. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
We only use phone when necessary or advantageous for support or provision of Services. We do not use your phone number for marketing.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or another internet-enabled device that enable our features and functionality. They allow us to record information when you visit or interact with our websites, products, and services (collectively, our “Websites”). Other tracking technologies, such as web beacons and pixels work similarly to cookies, placing small data files on your device that monitor your Website activity.
WHAT KINDS OF COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE?
1. PERSISTENT AND SESSION COOKIES
We use two categories of cookies: Persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies are cookies that help us recognize you. They are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences and actions across multiple sites and on multiple visits. Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session, allowing us to link your actions during a particular browsing session.
2. THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
3. CROSS-DEVICE TRACKING
We perform cross-device tracking which allows us to provide more relevant advertising to you on multiple devices. We do this by identifying browsing activity on your smartphones, tablets, desktop computers and other devices connected to the same IP address or logged into the same account to better understand the products and services that might be of interest to you.
4. LOCAL STORAGE OBJECTS
We also use Local Storage Objects (LSOs), such as HTML5, to, among other things, optimize screen presentation, video, and other preference information.
5. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We use Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with our Websites. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our Website. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Websites. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors.
We use the following types of cookies for the reasons described below. These cookies may be set by us or a third-party service provider to perform the functions described below:
Required: These cookies and tracking technologies are required to help our websites work correctly. For example, these cookies allow you to navigate our Website and use essential features, including secure areas and shopping baskets.
Analytics: These cookies and tracking technologies help us understand how customers and visitors interact with our Websites. They provide us with information about areas of our Websites visited, time spent on our Websites, transactions performed, and any error messages you receive. These cookies allow us to improve the performance of our Websites. They may collect your IP address but only for the purpose of identifying general locations of visitors and identifying fraudulent or spam traffic.
Functional: These cookies and tracking technologies allow our Websites to remember choices you make to give you better functionality and a personalized experience. For example, when you select a specific currency on one of our Websites, we will remember your currency selection when you return.
Advertising: These cookies and tracking technologies allow us to deliver content, including advertisements, relevant to your specific interests. This content may be delivered on our Websites or on third-party websites or services. They allow us to understand and improve the relevancy of our advertisements. They may track personal information, including your IP address.
HOW CAN I CONTROL COOKIES?
If you visit our Websites from the European Union and/or the European Economic Area, only required cookies, as described above, will be used on our Websites by default. Other cookies and tracking technologies will only be used when you consent by visiting each Website’s Cookie Management Center at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/, where available.
Where you visit our Website from outside Europe, all cookies and similar tracking technologies described above will be used by default. If you would prefer not to receive personalized ads based on your browser or device usage, you may generally express your opt-out preference to no longer receive tailored advertisements. Please note that you will continue to see advertisements, but they will no longer be tailored to your interests.
If you opt-out of receiving certain cookies from us, your web browser will be associated with a generic “opt-out” cookie, which will prevent us from associating any non-personal information with your browser. Our “opt-out” cookie has no expiration date. Since this program is cookie-based, you may need to opt-out again if you do any of the following:
- Delete your cookies;
- Block cookies, including third-party cookies;
- Switch internet browsers;
- Change computers; or
- Upgrade your web browser.
- Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings via the “options’ or “preferences” menu in your browser. Please note that if you set your browser to refuse or block all cookies, certain features or functionalities of our Websites will be limited or unavailable to you.
Some internet browsers include the ability to transmit “do not track” signals. Because no industry standard has yet been developed with respect to “do not track,” our Websites do not currently process or respond to such “do not track” signals.
Some internet browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 and other Local Storage Objects.
To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Further information about deleting and blocking cookies can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Internet Advertising Bureau (US): https://www.iab.com/
- Internet Advertising Bureau (EU): https://www.iabeurope.eu/
HOW CAN I GET FURTHER INFORMATION?
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
To manage the information we receive about you from a social networking site or other third-party (if applicable), you will need to follow the instructions from that party for updating your information and changing your privacy settings, where available. The information we collect is covered by this privacy notice and the information the third-party collects is subject to such third party’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you have made on any third-party site will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our Services.
If an account or profile was created without your knowledge or authorization, please contact customer support at the brand on which the account or profile is located to request the removal of the account or profile.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information for no more than seven years following the later of (i) the date on which you terminate your use of the Services or (ii) May 25, 2018, unless we are otherwise required by law or regulation to retain your personal information for longer.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on what information we collect from you and how we collect it, we rely on various grounds for processing your information under the GDPR, including the following:
- In order to administer our contractual relationship, including setting up your requested Services, payments, renewals and processes;
- Because it is in our legitimate interest to run a successful and efficient business and provide you with the Services and other useful content;
- In order to fulfill any legal obligations we may have to collect this information from you; and/or
- Because you have provided your consent for us to do so.
YOUR RIGHT TO CONTROL HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
You have the right to make requests regarding your personal information. You can:
- Ask us to update or correct personal information if it is inaccurate;
- Request that we transfer some or all of your personal information to you or a third party (whenever it is technically feasible to do so);
- Make choices about receiving marketing communications;
- Withdraw your consent to process your personal information in circumstances where we are relying on your consent as our basis for processing.
To exercise any of your rights, please send an email to email@example.com.
Residents of the European Union and California have additional rights as outlined below.
In addition to the rights above, residents of the European Union and California have further rights which are detailed below. Please note that some rights only apply in certain circumstances or to certain information and some exceptions may apply.
We will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights.
RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
In addition to the rights outlined above, where the GDPR or related data protection laws apply, you may:
- Ask whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
- Request that we delete the personal information we hold about you in certain limited circumstances.
- Request that we stop processing the personal information we hold about you.
- Object to our processing of data about you.
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
In addition to the rights outlined above, where the CCPA or related data protection laws apply, you may:
- Request to know the categories of personal information we collect about you, as well as the sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose of our collection; the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and the specific pieces of personal information we hold about you.
- Request certain information regarding, and/or opt-out of, our disclosure of your personal information to third parties.
- Request that we delete the personal information we hold about you in certain limited circumstances.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records; or
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE BY OUR USERS
Some of our Services provide links to other websites. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third-party sites, you should review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect and use personal information.
You may also log in to some of our Services using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. For example, if you take advantage of certain of our social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button or interactive mini-programs that run on our site, the applicable social networking sites may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our websites, and may set a cookie to enable it to function properly.
Our Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian of such a child and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us as described in this Privacy Notice and we will take reasonable steps immediately to remove any such information.
In order for us to provide the Services to you, your personal information will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in the United States. Your data is also processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as in Great Britain, India, and the Philippines, who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this notice.
We do not sell Customer data. Data transfer is only accomplished for the provision of Services or as outlined above.
We may affiliate with certain products and companies. We will disclose such links so that you are aware.
The reason that these are in place is because the small commissions add up and help support the costs to run our sites without being overly intrusive to our audiences and customers’ experience and learning on the site.
These commissions will never come at a cost to yourself and ‘we vow that whether a particular product offers a commission or not, it will never influence our recommendations. We value your trust and we do not want to do anything to harm that.
With affiliate transactions, other than sharing anonymized traffic data, we do not share any of your data with our affiliate partners. If you choose to purchase from them, your relationship is with them and subject to their privacy rules.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We reserve the right to modify this privacy notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to change this privacy notice in any material way, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on www.anadarservices.com or the website of the APS product or service you use prior to the change becoming effective. In all cases, your continued use of any Services constitutes acceptance to any such changes.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data handling practices, or you wish to make a complaint, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at:
Data Protection Officer
Anadar Professional Services
857 Post Rd
Fairfield, CT 06825
We will address your request.
Last modified: January 14, 2020